5 Reasons Why You Should Try Cannabis Infused Massage Therapy
Written by Travis
We need to dispel a common myth before we can talk about why you should try cannabis infused massage therapy. The products that are used by the massage therapist will not get you stoned, it is more of a way to open up your skin’s sensory profile, which leads to many other health benefits.
Given enough time for these topicals to take effect, and you wind up feeling revived, refreshed, as your tendons and muscles begin to heal from the combination of deep tissue massage and cannabis infused products.
Before we talk about the reasons why you should try a cannabis infused massage, we need to discuss what this type of unique therapy is all about.
A professional and therapeutic massage will soothe more than a tired body, it can also heal the soul. There is something therapeutic about being massaged, so when the massage therapist knows exactly how to relieve and relax stressed muscles, the end result is you feel alive again.
The ambiance of the massage clinic is just as crucial as the service, and proper lighting, music, and scents will amplify the overall experience, creating deep relaxation that allows the massage therapist to work more efficiently.
It only stands to reason that cannabis, which is known for restorative and properties, goes hand-in-hand with massage. Scientific basis for marijuana pain relief makes it a no-brainer for the ideal complement to massage.
Here are the 5 reasons why you should try cannabis infused massage therapy:
1. The Anti-Inflammatory Properties – One reason you should consider a cannabis massage is the fact it can help heal certain ailments. Unlike marijuana which has high THC levels that have narcotic properties, the CBD in the cannabis massage oils oil has healing properties and little or no narcotic effects.
No only will you not be getting high during or after the massage, your body will benefit from just the healing anti-inflammatory properties of these oils. Combined with the deep therapeutic massage performed by a professional, you will begin to feel relief from the painful symptoms associated with arthritis or sports-related injuries.
The CBD in the cannabis oils works to soothe those sore joints, giving you a boost of energy and allowing you to feel like you are not having difficulties with your muscles and joints at all. The healing sensations of the massage are only amplified when the oils penetrate the skin and reach the areas that are causing pain.
2. Increased Sensory Stimulation – The muscles and joints react immediately to a massage, but add in the cannabis oils and your entire body and senses will be stimulated. The skin is the largest organ on the body, and it needs to be taken care of just like other organs to be able to keep you healthy and feeling strong each day.
A gentle massage with the cannabis infused oils will stimulate your skin and help you to feel more alert and alive. The massage therapist performs the treatment in a way that not only is the muscles and joints stimulated, the skin now comes to life and will perform more efficiently.
Skin cells are being produced every second of every day, and this cannabis massage will allow the old skin cells to fall away rather than clog your pores, helping to revitalize your skin, tighten the appearance so fine lines and wrinkles disappear, and improve overall skin tone.
The therapist can also incorporate many different unique essential oils like peppermint that will also help appeal to your sense of smell and heighten the overall experience.
3. Increased Muscle Relaxation – Everyone knows that after smoking weed the body goes into this deep state of relaxation. That is part of the allure of smoking weed, you eliminate the stresses of the day and fall into this euphoric state that allows you to easily deal with the troubles in your body or mind.
Now add into the mix a massage therapist who is gently rubbing cannabis oils deep into your skin, and you have one of the most therapeutic and relaxing experiences possible. In addition to stimulating the skin surface, the cannabis oils will relax muscles and ease any tension or pain that you are feeling.
This is perhaps one of the best ways to decompress after a long and stressful day at work. It will revitalize, rejuvenate, and replenish your body during one session without the sleepy sensations you feel after getting high. You get all the healing benefits without any of the narcotic sensations.
4. Alleviate Stress and Anxiety – One of the most common ailments people experience today is stress and anxiety. People are worried about their jobs, about their money, about their children, about their health, and the list goes on and on.
By the end of a day, the added stress that a person imagines in their mind begin to take a toll on their body too. The physical symptoms begin as nervousness and escalate to anxiety, which can lead to deep bouts of depression if not dealt with in a timely manner. When a person sees a professional therapist who performs cannabis massages, the treatments can go to work on eliminating many of those thoughts that are leading to stress in the first place.
The massages can put a person in a happy place, allow them to look forward to a reward each time, and wash away the stress that can lead to depression or even strokes. The cannabis massage is ideal for people of all legal ages, massage needs, and lifestyles.
5. Eliminating Chronic Pain – Those who suffer from chronic pain often turn to marijuana to help them to cope with the pains they feel on a daily basis. According to reports released by the Maryland Medical Center, they found that deep tissue massages can be more effective for relieving chronic pain than most conventional medicines.
The reason that the cannabis massage is such an effective method for dealing with any chronic pain is because it decrease the inflammation, increases blood flow throughout the affected areas, and soothes that tension in muscles associated with the chronic pain.
The cannabis massage is also beneficial for helping to reduce blood pressure, provides stress relief, and rehabilitates muscles patients have sustained from various injuries. During these massages, the cannabis oil acts like a natural aid to loosen muscles and allow faster healing. The cannabis oils help muscles to relax just a little easier.
So now you know about the cannabis massage and how it works to heal a number of physical and mental ailments patients experience. Massage itself is an amazing way to help the mind and the body of people, it just doesn’t unlock the pain from certain areas, it’s all connected.
As legalization continues to sweep the country, cannabis oil combined with relaxation massage will only help benefit more people.